What do we do with your personal data?
It’s always up to you whether you wish to provide us with your personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information includes:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number and company address
- Any account details that you might provide us with
- Your computer’s IP address indicating where your computer is located on the internet
If you provide us with personal information, we will not:
- Sell or rent it to a third party with your permission
- Disclose your personal data unless required for reasons by law.
Where do we store your personal data?
Any information you provide us will be securely stored on servers that we access through our third party suppliers, all of whom we believe to have a clear commitment to upholding the requirements of GDPR. Where possible, we will choose to store personal data within the UK or EEA, however the nature of such online services may mean that your data is held outside of the UK and the EEA. We’ve provided details of these providers with links to their privacy policies below.
We take appropriate measures to ensure the continued security of our computer network and operating systems.
Our sites may also be linked to websites operated by third parties. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party sites do not constitute endorsement on the part of Atlantic Handles of those sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the owners and operators of those sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and practices on each site before you submit any personal information.
Use of our Website
Our website will often be your first point of entry when exploring our services and is intended for use by adults over 16 years of age.
Cookies anonymously track use of our website and may enable specific features to enhance your browsing experience. You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to block the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to use certain features of our website.
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit; and
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
This is solely statistical data that enables us to analyse customer trends and does not identify personally identifiable information.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Like most websites, we use Google Analytics (GA). We use this to see how many people use our website and better understand how they find and use our web pages. GA does not collect data that can personally identify you from your visit to our site, however we consider Google to be a third party data processor. You can stop GA from tracking any part of our website by disabling cookies in your web browser.
Other Tracking Tools
We may use other tracking tools on our website that collect information about how you use our site and the pages you visit. None of these tools will allow us to identify your personal data unless you specifically provide this to us using an online form. Data that might be collected by these tools includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Your device type, operating system and browser type
- Your device screen resolution
- Your country
- Mouse events
- Referring URL and domain
- Pages visited
- Date and time pages were viewed
Our website hosting
Our website is hosted by GURU within a London based data centre. All website traffic is encrypted and delivered over https, with our SSL certificate stating our company name in the browser address bar.
Consent to receive marketing communications
Whenever you submit personal data to us, we will not send you unsolicited marketing communications (either by email or offline) without your consent. You will only be added to our mailing list under the following circumstances:
- You’ve given us personal data and explicitly indicated (“opted-in”) to receive marketing communications from us;
- You’re a client of ours and we need to keep you informed about changes that may affect the services we provide you.
Third Party Data Processors
We may store your data on servers provided by third party vendors, or through services who process personal data on our behalf. These third parties may be based outside the UK and we are satisfied that their own privacy policies meet the requirements of GDPR.
Specific services might include:
- Our customer relationship management system (CRM)
- Our email platform
- Digital marketing tools such as website analytics
Named third party providers and their respective privacy policies are:
- Google (https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance)
- Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy)
- Capsule (https://capsulecrm.com/privacy/)
- FreeAgent (https://www.freeagent.com/company/gdpr/)
- GURU (https://www.guru.co.uk/support/privacy-policy)
- MailGun (outbound, transactional email from the website – https://www.mailgun.com/gdpr)
- Stripe (payment provider – https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation)
- Amazon Web Services
In the event of a data breach, either through our own storage or that of third parties, we will report this to the Information Commissioners Office and relevant individuals within 72 hours of it being identified.
Your right to access your personal data
You’re entitled to be able to request details of the personal data we hold about you without a fee. Please contact [email protected] with details of your request and we’ll respond as soon as is reasonably possible.
Your customer’s data
Atlantic UK, Unit 362, Street 7, Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby West Yorkshire, LS23 7FL
Changes to our policy